cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys in out company we are config ssh on out routers and swithes but requirmnet is that it shd support both version (1 and 2) i know how to enable ssh but is there any specific comand to enable these both ??? can someone help me plz

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

No you can enable either of the versions but not both

Why is it a requirement to support both versions? If your devices support SSHv2, i would recommend configuring v2 while the non supporting ones can be left at v1

Narayan

since this is regarding ssh, i have this cisco 2801 that i wanted to enable ssh. however i cannot enter commands such as "cry key generate rsa" and "ip ssh ..". Don't know y? they are unrecognized commands!

IOS 12.4(20)T1.

any hints y?

thnx

It appears that you don't have a crypto version IOS. You will need to download a crypto IOS, and upgrade the IOS.

HTH,

Mark

I was about to answer my issue since i just found out in the release notes...but you're too fast. So i'll rate you for that.

thnx

Robert

Since Mark did correctly analyze your problem and suggest the correct solution, I am surprised that you rated his as a 2. I think that he deserves better and I will give him better.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick!

I appreciate the support,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card