Hreap restrictions and limits

Unanswered Question
Jan 16th, 2009

Is there any structural limit in the deployment of an hreap solution?

I mean if there is some limitation in the number of hreap ap's/sites on 440x controllers, a minimum requirement for wan bandwidth/delay and so on.

I think it's particularly interesting to know how much control bandwitdth needs to be reserved on the wan link for each remote ap.

Tnx,

Max.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Massimo Baschieri Fri, 01/16/2009 - 07:45

Many thanks, very nice doc, I should have found it by myself :-(

However it doesn't advice about bandwidth requirements of the lwapp control protocol, maybe it's so tiny that doesn't deserve a mention, anyone knows?

Tnx,

Max.

rob.huffman Fri, 01/16/2009 - 08:55

Hi Max,

You are most welcome my friend! Here is some related info;

For HREAP's connected to a centralized wireless LAN controller, the WAN link must support a minimum speed of 128-kbps WAN throughput and 100-ms maximum roundtrip latency between each HREAP and the wireless LAN controller.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/prod_white_paper0900aecd804f1a23_ns337_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Massimo Baschieri Fri, 01/16/2009 - 09:44

Hi Rob,

as usual you are aware of docs I even cannot find by myself, I feel like a broken shoe :-)

128k for each hreap is a lot of bandwitdh, in fact it limits the number of hreaps to a very few each remote site.

Anyway, tnx a lot.

Bye,

Max.

rob.huffman Fri, 01/16/2009 - 11:03

Hey Max,

Don't feel alone here my friend :) Finding docs here sometimes is like finding the proverbial "needle in a Haystack"!

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode