WCS - Lobby Ambassador users don't see each other's guest users

Answered Question
Jan 16th, 2009

Hi, we currently have the problem with WCS 5.2 that a user of the group "Lobby Ambassador" cannot see guest users that have been created by another user of that group. The user can only see his own created guest users. All are in the same virtual domain which is the root-domain.

I believe this behaviour was not this way in previous versions, here all guest users were visible to all Lobby Ambassador users.

I couldn't find any hint in the documentation about this.

Is this simply a change in behaviour (works as designed) or is this maybe a bug?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by sschmidt about 7 years 10 months ago

This is the intended operation in 5.2. The feature was added per requests from many customers. In 6.0 there will be a admin knob to allow all lobby ambassadors the ability to see all guest users.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
sschmidt Fri, 01/16/2009 - 06:20

This is the intended operation in 5.2. The feature was added per requests from many customers. In 6.0 there will be a admin knob to allow all lobby ambassadors the ability to see all guest users.

a.foerster Fri, 01/16/2009 - 07:00

Hi Stephen,

thanks a lot for the clarification!

Best regards,

Andreas

a-nilsson Mon, 01/19/2009 - 05:39

Hi,

So what happens when some lobby admin tries to create a user that's already there (created by another lobby admin)?

Do I get a warning that the username is taken?

Cheers

Anders Nilsson

UMDAC

sschmidt Mon, 01/19/2009 - 05:46

You will get this error:

Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Error:A Guest User account with the name ''lobby user'' has already been created by you or another WCS Lobby Ambassador user. Please choose a different User Name for this Guest account.

a.foerster Mon, 01/26/2009 - 01:52

Hi Stephen,

Is there already an approximate date when WCS 6.0 will be released?

Thank you,

Andreas

sschmidt Mon, 01/26/2009 - 08:05

I have seen that the commit date is April 18th with a stretch date of March 18th. Obviously this all could change.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network