Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator without Presence Server

seccionredes
Level 1
Level 1

CUPC without CUPS

Is it possible to use Cisco Unified Personal Communicator installed without Cisco Unified Presence Server?

In the Login window asks for a login server. Is the CallManager or presence server.

Thank you.

A greeting.

7 Replies 7

Hello Jose,

The login server that the CUPC is asking for would be the IP address/hostname of the Presence Server.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

In the future, you might be use CUPC without CUPS. It's on the road map.

But for now, CUPC has to log onto CUPS server.

Any update on being able to use CUPC without presence server?

It looks, there is no change. CUPC 8.5.5 still needs to login to Presence server. However, where can I download any trial/demo for testing purposes? I found the information, that CUPS is available for 90 day as trial. How can I get it?

Looks like CUPS will be included into CUCM 9.0 which will be released sometime after June.

CUPS 8.5 comes with the demo license out of the box, just download iso image via CCO (or use other ways, you know).

Cheers,

Boris

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Thank you very much for a quick response.

However I can't see any ISO in Cisco Download Center. I look into all 8.x versions and I can see only these options:

Just download update and follow this procedure to convert update iso into bootable iso - works like a charm!

http://pushkarbhatkoti.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/how-to-make-cisco-cucm-and-other-linux-based-disks-bootable/

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: