Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1(2) "Corporate Directory" only shows users Device Profile DN's

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On our older CallManager 3.3 , whenever we deployed a new Directory Number (DN) it would appear in the Corporate Directory. If we applied the DN to a:

Device > Phone

Device > Device Profile

User

The DN would then appear as searchable (with the relevant Description details) in the Corp Dir on the IP phones.

On CUCM6.1(2) i can ONLY see users profiles listed with their associated DN's. Im not able to see ANY of our phones where we have 'fixed' a DN against them (ie 7935s which we dont use for Ext Mob thus dont use profiles, thus the DN is set against the actual "Device" > "Phone" on line 1)

Any ideas? This seems really odd ? Can i get the DN's that we have used elsewhere to show in the Corp Directory in any way? It seems really odd that i CANT see any of our 7935's etc listed, only user profiles !

Rgds

3 Replies 3

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

This is because in UCM 6 the corporate directory is pulled from you end user database. If you are LDAP synchronized then you have to have a user in Active Directory that you want synchronized over to the Directory in UCM. If you are not LDAP integrated then just create a user in End user management and assign a dn.

We aren't LDAP integrated :o(

With regards to the various 7935 'Conference' phones that we have setup already under "Device" > "Phone" - do i therefore now need to add these as *users* too ?

ie - add an existing 7935 phones details ("1234 Room 3 Conference phone") to the "User Management" > "End User" location too ??

This seems a shade mad ? Is this the only way to get these devices to appear in the directory? We have about 300 of them ! :o(

Rgds

Yes, for these to show up in your corporate directory you need to have them added as end users. The only thing I can say is to use BAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: