cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove a serial port from config

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have to do some reconfigs on my routers that form my internal corporate WAN and am not sure how to remove a serial port. I'm using VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards for these specific connections that have to be torn down and rebuilt. When I install the card and it sees the T1 controllers and I issue the "channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24" which then creates the serial port.

My question is how do I delete that serial port? I need to remove one of the cards to move to a different router so I want to undo the two serial ports that are configured before I remove the card.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you don't need to anything in config to remove hardware on a cisco router. Just turn it off and the next time all card related stuff will go away from config, for you to save.

So I don't need to remove the IP address or any config info related to the serial port that is going to be removed from the router? All I need to do is turn the router off, pull out the VWIC, and then when I turn it on it will be like it was never there?

When I install the VWIC in the other router is it going to carry any info from the old config with it or is going to be just like I pulled it new out of the box?

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card