cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove a serial port from config

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have to do some reconfigs on my routers that form my internal corporate WAN and am not sure how to remove a serial port. I'm using VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards for these specific connections that have to be torn down and rebuilt. When I install the card and it sees the T1 controllers and I issue the "channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24" which then creates the serial port.

My question is how do I delete that serial port? I need to remove one of the cards to move to a different router so I want to undo the two serial ports that are configured before I remove the card.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you don't need to anything in config to remove hardware on a cisco router. Just turn it off and the next time all card related stuff will go away from config, for you to save.

So I don't need to remove the IP address or any config info related to the serial port that is going to be removed from the router? All I need to do is turn the router off, pull out the VWIC, and then when I turn it on it will be like it was never there?

When I install the VWIC in the other router is it going to carry any info from the old config with it or is going to be just like I pulled it new out of the box?

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card