BVI and rate limit

sdg2009sdg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 831 set up to do bridging

eth0 no ip,

eth1 no ip,

bvi1 has the ip

The problem is I've lost the ability to rate limit, you cannot rate limit on the bvi interface and when I apply my rate limit command to eth0 or 1 it no longer works…any Ideas…

--Scott

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

To configure committed access rate (CAR) and distributed committed access rate (DCAR) policies, use the rate-limit command in interface configuration mode. To remove the rate limit from the configuration, use the no form of this command.

rate-limit {input | output} {bps | access-group acl-index | [rate-limit] rate-limit-acl-index] | dscp dscp-value | qos-group qos-group-number} burst-normal burst-max conform-action conform-action exceed-action exceed-action

no rate-limit {input | output} {bps | access-group acl-index | [rate-limit] rate-limit-acl-index] | dscp dscp-value | qos-group qos-group-number} burst-normal burst-max conform-action conform-action exceed-action exceed-action

Troubleshooting Direction: There are different types of rate-limit:

access-list rate-limit

clear ip rsvp signalling rate-limit

debug ip rsvp rate-limit

ip icmp rate-limit unreachable

ip multicast rate-limit

ip pim register-rate-limit

ip rsvp atm-peak-rate-limit

ip rsvp signalling rate-limit

logging rate-limit

rate-limit

show access-lists rate-limit

show interfaces rate-limit

show ip ospf timers rate-limit

show ip rsvp atm-peak-rate-limit

show ip rsvp signalling rate-limit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card