BSCI material

Unanswered Question
Jan 16th, 2009

hello. i just failed the BSCI. there was a fairly high emphasis on IPv6 and IS-IS. is this always the case with the BSCI or did i just happen to pull most of those questions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
royalblues Fri, 01/16/2009 - 23:59

I think both the topics constitute to about 15% of the exam questions and is fairly reasonable.

IS-IS and OSPF are the only protocol that supports MPLS TE and hence it beneficial to know the OSI protocol

Narayan

johnlloyd_13 Sat, 01/17/2009 - 03:48

sorry to hear that. i had IPv6 (theory questions) and IS-IS (lab simulation) during my bsci exam last year. you could try again i think after 180 days and focus on your weak topics and more lab practice! :)

marikakis Wed, 01/21/2009 - 05:59

Hello,

1. You are all violating the cisco confidentiality agreement in different ways each.

2. 180 days is the wait period for re-taking an exam with the same exam number only if you passed the exam. If you fail, the wait period is 5 calendar days beginning from the day after the failed attempt.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_certification_exam_policies.html (Retaking Exams section)

3. Anything published by cisco as a possible topic for an exam is a possible topic on the exam at any amount. In fact, as cisco says, similar topics may also appear at any specific delivery. Consequently, you need to know at least the published topics to have chances to actually pass.

4. It is not wise to leave a topic unread, because the questions on the topic you left out could turn out to be actually easy ones, while you could get puzzled with something you thought you knew.

5. The problem with IS-IS is that the literature is poor. I recently had a look at the cisco BSCI certification guide. It covers the IS-IS theory in a way that makes sure you will not understand anything. I recommend the "IS-IS Network Design Solutions" by Abe Martey. Really good book. I had read it years ago and I re-read it now. With the right book that helps you understand the topic, you could find yourself in the end loving IS-IS (usually we love what we can understand). It also has a comparison between IS-IS and OSPF that can help you understand OSPF better.

Kind Regards,

M.

p.s. Good luck!

Actions

This Discussion