cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Error when accessing callmanger/ccmadmin web page

SCOTT JORDAN
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to login into the callmanger from IE7 I get a mesgage there is a problem with the websites security certificate. I can click continue to website. But I have a Certificate Error next to the address bar. It says Mismatched Address. I can view the certificate and the dates are valid. I haven't changed IP address. How do I fix this? I can view CallManger and I have install the cert but its still always says certificate error up in the address bar.

CallManger version 6.1.2

4 Replies 4

This is normal due to the fact that Callmanager has a self-signed certificate. Most websites have an internet authority like Verisign sign their certificates. Many hackers create fake websites that claim to be secure but have self-signed certificates (which don't prove anything), which is why both Firefox 3 and IE7 cause so much noise when you try to go to the page.

Just put it in your 'safe' zone, it's nothing to worry about.

-nick

So is there anything I can do to get rid of the Certificate Error on the address bar? I know its petty just doesnt look right. When I put this in Trusted sites i get another pop up window to click on...

I just did this on mine:

Add to trusted sites, click Add

It gives another nasty page

Press Continue to this page

Click add to trusted pages

Click Add

It's really not that bad, just keep saying "I trust, add, and Yes".

-nick

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

I have found that if I add an entry to the hosts file corresponding the CUCM hostname and IP address, IE stops complaining about the mismatched hostname/IP address.

Please rate if helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: