Views
Helpful
Replies

how to add asa firewalls to cisco lms 3.0

csco11049253
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco LMS 3.0 in our network, I can detect all the cisco switches & routers except for the ASA firewall, althoough I have configured the snmp string properly.

When I view the campus manager and the number of devices I can see ASA firewalls as unreachable all the other devices are reachable and displaying proper data.

Pls suggest..

Thanks & Regards,

CM

5 Replies 5

csco11049253
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions??

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager does not support ASA, PIX, or FWSM devices since they do not support CDP. However, you can add you ASA devices directly to DCR under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. They can be successfully managed by RME and DFM provided you have SNMP configured on the ASAs, and you enter the correct community strings when adding the device to DCR.

Thanks a lot for that info...

I have one more issue, we have a 2800 router & a 3960 switch in a remote branch connected via MPLS, these devices are known & reachable in campus manager but I'm unable to view these in Topology view/Cisco view.

Regards,

CM

Please start new threads for each of these issues. FYI, it is better to raise LMS issues in the Network Infrastructure Network Management forum.

Sure I'll open a new thread, would be waiting for your reply under the same.

Thanks,

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card