cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ephone-dn does not going on-hook

derly_ali
Level 1
Level 1

i have installed a CME with a client, and my problem is that sometimes an extention permanently have the state off-hook and it can't be used for anybody, the phone asociated with the extention have no sound and when a call arrives it present a busy tone.

i have no idea how this succed but the only way that i know to resolve it, is reloading the router, but i think that this is not the best way because the telephony service is very essential to the company (an hospital).

i used the command 'show voice port statistics' and the output is something like that:

voice-port state

0/50/2 off-hook

altough the physical phone is on-hook.

what can i do?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS version, phone model and phone FW version you have ?

IOS 12.4(15)XZ1, and the phone is an analog phone conected to an ATA.

i don't remember the version of the ATA but i think it could be the problem, but do you know a procedure to fix the problem without reload the router?

Hi Derly,

There's a pretty good chance you're on an older IOS version. We had a few issues like this earlier on in the 12.3T and 12.4 mainline versions.

If you can try upgrading your router to 12.4(15)T8 this will more than likely be fixed. If you're already at a release this recent, we're all ears :)

hth,

nick

the CME have the IOS 12.4(15)XZ1,

how i can fix the issue without reload the router?

Which phone type and which FW on it ?

Hi Derly,

Are these special DNs by any means? park slots, paging, etc

Do you know if you can reproduce the problem?

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: