Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling "closest match routing"

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Hello, I have a question:

CCM Gateway configured for 4 significant digits. This Gateway is connected to PSTN for (444) area code.

4445551111 - Fax

3335551111 - DN (in another remote location with its own gateway)

FAX is under the Route Pattern 1XXX

Calling Search Space chooses DN 1111 over the FAX 1XXX because of closest match routing. I want it to choose FAX route pattern 1XXX because the call came in on the gateway where the FAX is located.

Provider is sending 10 digits.

The only option I see is to change the gateway from 4 significant digits to 7 or 10.

Are there any other options? Is there a way to prefer 1XXX over 1111 in the same Calling Search Space? I understand that the order of partitions doesn't matter because it will still do closest match routing.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no way to change the digit analysis behavior, it's always best match, only if equally good matches are found, then partitions come into play

the only solution is to separate 1XXX and 1111 on different partitions or use more digits.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

that's what I'm confused about. 1XXX and 1111 are in different partitions. Gateway CSS has two partitions:

1. PARTITION1 with 1XXX

2. PARTITION2 with 1111

1111 is still getting matched. I believe the order doesn't matter, it will always do the best match. Is that right?

yeah, sorry. meant different CSS.

ALWAYS BEST MATCH

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: