Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP-400 module drop all ingress packets - 7606

aneesh.ts
Level 1
Level 1

We had an issue with one of our core 7606 routers. Bug ID: CSCsl50569

To prevent issue from occuring in 12.2(33)SRB2, diagnostics can be disabled on the SIP-400 with the following command:

Router(config)#no diagnostic monitor module

I would like to know the impact of this command. Since this is a pretty important router, we would refrain from executing this command unless and until the after effects is totally known. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Health-monitoring performs non-disruptive tests as a background process so you should be fine.

More info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_white_paper0900aecd801e659f_ps7081_Products_White_Paper.html

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have TAC access? They should be able to help you with any information available about the bug.

Router(config)#no diagnostic monitor module

I want to know the aftereffects of the above mentioned command. I know it would disable Health-monitoring diagnostics tests for that particular module. But I want to know what kind of health monitoring diagnostic(test 1) is enabled now. Is it just bootup diagnostic or periodic diagnostic where it checks the health every often. if its bootup we can disable it. Find attached the diagnostics commands output captured.

Can someone go through this and lemme know the details required.

Hello Aneesh,

there is another thread about this opened in service providers /mpls

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Service%20Providers&topic=MPLS&topicID=.ee8558c&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2ccaa

Because you face packets destined for another linecard dropped you can:

or perform an IOS upgrade

or use the suggested workaround that disables a test on the SIP linecard.

By disabling the test you miss the capability to detect a real bus connectivity problem.

You can implement the workaorund now and then later you can upgrade the IOS.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card