cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wtf, HELP with script

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone tell me pleeease. why this is following what i need to do. If you see my claims menu, user go to csq maip. when there is no one logged in, i was hoping to route it offsite, If I DO NOT have goto qued calls, csq does not get calls it routes offsite. If qued calls is there csq maip gets calls, but when no one is available it justs sits in que. what am i missing?????

9 Replies 9

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

wth?

That script is always going to follow the gogo QueueCalls node... dont you mean to put that under the False step?

Chad

Chad,

Dont know. i have been playing around with this, have not tried what you suggest. Only because, if you look at my post from 1/15 scripting assist, i was told true would equal redirect. so i have been trying to get it to work as suggested. should it be false..route offsite?

Thanks for help. i am scheduled to implement tonight.

It's hard to understand what you are asking here. Please post a more verbose description of what you want to happen. Full screen shot(s) with all nodes expanded would help as well.

If you want to transfer the call off-net, you need to use a Call Redirect step. The Select Resource step and CSQs are not able to call anything except agents signed into CAD/IPPA with an on-net extension.

Jonathan,

1st thanks for your time. I come from the siemens pbx world where call center is much more straight forward. What I am trying to accomplish is, in the screen shot, the full script is posted in my 1/15 script assistance post, is that when csq maip has NO agents logged in to cad, that the calls will go offsite to the number listed. the entry get stats and if the stats equal <1 agent logged in/ready/avalable, and thats true it should go to offsite number.

In reality, long term, what i need is two sets of night greetings, that would have different hours. we close at 4:30, on our night menu when callers press 1 they now go offsite, i really need for hours 430-5, callers to get the night greeting, press 1 and go to a csq, then at 5 press 1 and go off site. right now i manually swap the scripts at 8 am then again at 5pm. to do this. as i asked in the 1/15 posting not sure if two night greeting menus is better than the no agent available option. but its plain and simple. csq maip logs off at 5pm. i need calls to go to a off site number.

sorry for the long post.

thoughts?

am i correct in my assumption that Cisco scripting is so confusing that the simple scripting question posted here cannot be answered, even by those that are "certified"?

IMHO, CCX scripting is not difficult once you get started with it. What makes it hard is Cisco doesn't have a lot of options (other than the two classes) for people to get good start with it.

Anyways, let me first repeat back to you how I read your above paragraph:

a) The CSQ has people on staff from 8AM to 4:30PM.

b) Currently from 4:30PM to 5PM the "no agent available" logic catches callers and offers them an option to be redirected to an alternate number, presumably an answering service or on-call individual.

c) At 5PM you manually swap the scripts on the application which offers a menu to again, be redirected off-site.

d) at 8AM you again replace the script to use the "day" script with the CSQ.

Assuming that's all there is then this is really easy. Add a Day of Week and Time of Day step at the beginning of your script.

Start

Accept

...other beginning logic

Day of Week

--Weekdays (Monday-Friday)

----Time of Day

------8AM - 4:30PM

--------..."day" logic

------The Rest

--------..."night" logic

--Weekends

----..."night" logic

...other logic

Terminate

End

PS. We are all far to lazy to go searching for other threads. :) If your January 15th post really explains it much better, then please include a link at least.

Jonathan,

I think simply put what i need to be able to do. and i have tried numerous combo's of entries. is when the csq has no agent available, the call gets routed to the answering service, in the 1/15 post you describe the steps,but they are not working here. what makes my situation a little worse, i have learned a ton playing, is the original script guy who did the install from IBM has left Ibm and they offer no scripting support. i am including a snapshot of what i have now and the script also. when you look at night menu, callers to csq_maip stay in que when all are not ready/logged off. only if i take the goto step out will they go to answering service, but in that scenerio ALL call go there so if agent are availble they never hit the csq without the goto step.once again i thank you for any light you can shed on this space between my ears..

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2c425

Holy something or other, got it to go. had goto step in wrong place..ok still 1 more. how would i get 2 night menus? 1 from 430-5 would go to existing night menu2, and a new one i need to add, and add the menu itself, to work from 5-midnight. i have not grasped how the time it tied to steps. if you can check out the script or tell me how they are tied..i would owe you a couple more beers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: