Views
Helpful
Replies

csa 6.0 problem with software deployment tool

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Guys,

I am having some problems with csa 6.0 and a software deployment tool called capainstaller, it resides on the client and picks up packages on some server shares and executes them from there, or copies it locally. We have added it to the class that defines mass software deployment like we did in 5.2, which works fine in 5.2, in 6.0 we are getting alot of applications getting put into @untrusted, for some reason. I can't figure out if i am supposed to make general exeptions for shares and local directories where the deployment tool reads its packages from ? In that case which classes should i modify, i am seeing alot of classification from the module called Security - Untrusted Content Classification, and this gives me alot of headaches.

5 Replies 5

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

No one has problems with deployment tools in 6.0 ?

5tscire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jan. We are dealing with the exact same issue you are, with a product called Marimba. Curious if you have made any headway on your end?

Hi,

We actually made a bit of a breakthrough yesterday, and are currently testing the rules i created. I will let you know how it went. Did you get anywhere at all with Marimba or are you completely stuck ?

Honestly we had to "punt" as mgmt wants us to focus on another CSA objective for right now. Our plan for Marimba was to try and put all of our Marimba executables into the "Mass Software Applications" application class and see what that did. What kind of rules did you create?

Well, the Mass Software Deployment class, is where you are supposed to put marimba, in 5.2 this was fine, and worked for most of the installations i have done. in 6.0 the big break came when i found out that you can't use UNC network paths in a file set, it just doesn't work. If you put it is a literal straight in the same field as the altiris and sms are in the built-in rules, that works, maybe your marimba agent is also part locally installed and part gotten from the network like ours is ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card