I have a little situation here, that I'm strugalling for a while with it, maybe someone can help me with:
I have router 2610:
- I am trying to connect to the console port to it, does not work with any baud rate.
- I am connected with the cable from the laptops usb-com-rj45 to the aux port, with 9600 baud rate and suddently I have a password request, I dunno what can I do here as I don't have the username, it's asks first for the username.
- I've connected a computer in the same subnet to the eth port, I can telnet to the router, where I receive again the username login, which I don't know again.
If i reset the router and leave the cable connected to the aux port, I cannot see the boot phase (I dunno if is normal or not), in order to send ctrl+brake and so on.. to recovery password.
- I've opened the chasis and put a jumper to reset the console, to the DUART RESET, no use still can't connect to the console.
- I've measured the voltage on the console port and it seems that there is voltage, so I don't think it is fright(burned).
I dunno what else can I try, maybe there is a way via AUX that I don't know to reset the password, or maybe there is a way to reset it to factory defaults, btw I saw there is another jumper place near the DUART RESET, called just reset, as I read on the internet this is only for factory debuging purpose, it is possible that I can use that somehow?
Hope someone has anyideea because I am a little out of ideeas.