Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 1113 SE 4.2 - No response on prompt

olumidekomolafe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a couple of ACS SE 4.2 devices I am trying to configure. I had an incomplete config on one of them (CLI)and then rebooted the box in order to start again, alas I see the POST scroll by on console but, after that I get nothing on console. I have rebooted both boxes and the result is the same. Am I missing something? or do I need to reflash the disk with the CD?

<I got as far as putting in IP address and changing the username/passwords>

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

jhillend
Level 1
Level 1

Since you haven't accomplished any significant configuration at this point, I would recommend running the recovery CD and starting over. If you still encounter problems after completing a successful configuration, please contact the TAC.

Thank you..

I eventually opened a TAC case and after several re-images later it turns out its a something in the active directory parameters that does not like "administrator" or "service" as a console username but, its fine for the GUI;-)

So for anyone using 4.2 SE ACS.. don't use "admin", "administrator" or "service" as a username.. you would lose the console prompt!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: