cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager and call waiting on FXO

michael mack
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has callmanager 6.1, they have a remote site with analog FXO that subscribes to call-waiting from the PSTN using hook-flash signaling.

On an IP phone (7941), they can hear the audio beep letting them know that there is another call on the line, however I'm not sure how they can signal a hook-flash on that line to actually pick up that second call on that FXO port.

Right now, the port is in MGCP mode, and the hook-flash parameters are configured, but how can the user actually perform a hook-flash from an IP phone?

3 Replies 3

Hello Michael,

I saw a post on this a couple of weeks back, and I think it stated that the hook flash functionality for call waiting on FXO lines isnt present in CUCM like it is in CME. Ahh found it..check this link, it has some excellent info:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2b8fb/1#selected_message

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

We are now running into issues where small customers that are replacing there UC500 with BE6k are in a bind because the feature is missing!

Yep - not supported. Sorry.

If you've got a sales team you can ask them to put a feature request in. It requires people doing this and asking development and making a business case for features like this to be put in.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: