cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voiceMail Problem for external Incoming calls.

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 5.0(1) and Callmanager 6.1(1)

I have set this up several times before without any problem, but this time I have a problem and I can not find what I have done wrong.

internal calls are correctly forwarded to voicemail accounts on Busy and NA. External incoming calls are also correctly forwarded to the Voicemail pilot number, but instead of Greeting I hear "fast busy". In the Unity Call Viewer I see that the 10 digit number from external caller is forwarded to Unity and the forwarder is the called number, so why I hear this "fast busy"? and not the greeting?

Any hints on where to look further would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rdianat

9 Replies 9

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rdianat,

Any errors in the application log for TSP? I would recommend setting the following MAcro traces on Unity:

Call Flow

Call Control

Conversation State

You'll want to gather AvCsMgr and svchost components.

Have you tested thoroughly enough to determine that its 100% ALL external calls and not calls that may just be hitting specific voice mail ports?

Brad

Hi Brad,

There is no errors in the application logs. I am attaching

Call Flow

Call Control

Conversation State

during a call from 7039398300 to 7035608100. Call is being forwarded to 7777 which is the voice mail.

Could you find something abnormal in these logs?

Thanks,

rdianat

Took a look at the traces and I'm seeing what looks to be Unity dropping the call.

16:29:45:151,AvDiagnostics_MC,162,2996,-1,,SkinnyTSP,12,[Thread 0x00000BB4] [Device 6] Receive StationStartToneMessage (20 bytes) tone=37=DtReorderTone lineInstance=1 callReference=30017050

16:29:45:150,AvDiagnostics_MC,162,2996,-1,,SkinnyTSP,12,[Thread 0x00000BB4] [Device 6] Processing StationStartToneMessage

16:29:45:151,AvDiagnostics_MC,162,2996,-1,,SkinnyTSP,11,[Thread 0x00000BB4] [Device 6] CAvSkinnyCallStatus::AdvanceCurrentState - Old CallState= New CallState=

Are you sure there are no warnings or errors in the application log at all when this happens? Check to see if any ports are locked. Have you tried rebooting Unity? What still confuses me is that you say its only external calls, which would lead to more of what Jaime mentioned with codec.

I suppose next steps would be to also turn up detailed CUCM traces and pull those and see if someone can look deeper into those for more information on the call.

Brad

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually fast busy comes from CUCM but you say you see the call hit Unity so it gets routed to Unity in that case. If that is true, then there should be something in the application log stating an error of some sort. When you call from outside and cause the failure, do you see an error in the application log? If so, please provide it here.

Thanks!

Tray

have you checked codec?? what kind of GW??

H323? MGCP?

what codec you installed on unity??

if H323 did you configure G711?? otherwise you'll use G729 which is the default

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

it is H323. I always use G711 everywhere as I usually have enough BW even for remote sites. However I can check my config again if you could tell me how to see in Unity what codec is configured.

Thanks,

rdianat

Rd,

just an fyi. had the same problem here, same release. had to restart server to fix.

unity server.

I restarted Unity. No luck yet.

Thanks,

rdianat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: