bosewinny Sat, 01/24/2009 - 22:46

Hi

i have a doubt. If am completing only 4 exams of CCVP before june 24,then do i need to write ccna voice exam in order to complete my 5th paper of CCVP..... please advice

tperrier Sun, 01/25/2009 - 01:16

After June 24th, you can still pass the 5th CCVP exam, but you won't be CCVP until you pass the CCNA Voice. In other words, the order isn't important.

cissperson Mon, 01/26/2009 - 10:54

Hi

this is a very good Q. that need more clarification or official answer from cisco ,cuz it's not logic that one who take 4 exams

in ccvp need to go back for ccna voice to be certified just because he run out of time .

tperrier Tue, 01/27/2009 - 01:08

I fail to see what's illogical in this. ;)

If you don't feel like you'll have enough time to finish all CCVP exams befeore the June deadline, then start with the CCNA Voice. Otherwise, try to finish the CCVP in time, and if you don't manage to, well, all is not lost, you'll just have to pass an additional exam (CCNA Voice).

west33637 Wed, 02/11/2009 - 18:25

For now, CCNA is still a valid prerequisite. It does not make sense to me that somebody will start a track with one prerequisite and then 80% through the track be told that there is a different prerequisite. It would make much more sense (and be more fair)to allow the people who have already passed an exam on the track to complete the track by a certain extended time period. I don't see how it sounds fair to have a candidate pass 4 CCVP level exams and then be required to go back and take CCVA.

While rules are rules and there is nothing we can do if it stays this way, we still have the expectation the rules will be fair.

tperrier Thu, 02/12/2009 - 00:58

I think people make too much fuss of a single, probably relatively easy exam (I think; I've not tried it yet, although I plan to). You want to become a CCVP, so now you have 7 exams total instead of 6, what's the big deal?

Also, the exam covers material not present in the CCVP exams, like Communications Manager Express and Unity Express, so you'll learn additional stuff and be a more well-rounded professional. What's wrong with that? Isn't that the point of learning?

Sachin.bhamra Thu, 02/12/2009 - 10:02

I agree with TPerrier's comment, the whole point in following these career certifications is not just about holding the certificate in your hands and bragging about what you've achieved (although that comes too!) but the main thing is learning and understanding the technology. Tomorrow I'm about to take my ONT exam and will be a CCNP, after which I plan on venturing into the Voice path starting off with CCNA Voice. Not because I have a tight deadline to get all exams out of the way before 24th June but because before I open a door I want to know what's behind and understand what I'm walking into. Many people start off with CVoice exam but then get confused at what a PBX is etc, I don't want to be one of those persons and I'd suggest to anyone wanting to go for the CCVP to follow the same road. Forget about the deadlines and dates.

Just learn the materials at a slow and steady pace and who knows, you may even enjoy it.

Actions

This Discussion