Helpful
Replies

Triggers for translation routing application

Javier Cuadros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I will like to clarify about the translation routing triggers:

- how many of them are required per translation routing application? in the case i have 50 CTI Ports for media in a cti port group do i need one trigger per cti port? or just one trigger is enough to utilize all the cti ports in the group?

Is it the same ammount of triggers required when installing IPCCE or SIPCCE? or does IPCCE requires more triggers than SIPCC in a vru for ip ivr configuration?

thanks

5 Replies 5

AHMED Ali
Level 1
Level 1

No, You don't need trigger for each CTI port, Cisco recommend to be 25% of your CTI port are Triggers, in your case for example 12 trigger is enough, but make sure to have Call forward no answer or out of reach for first port to be configured to send it to second port, also leave last one without Forward Configuration to avoid loops.

I believe IPCCE needs more Triggers tan SIPCCE.

Hope this will help

Regards,

Ahmed Rizk

I'd like to see chapter and verse on that 25% recommendation. This question has come up many, many times and a definitive answer has not been previously noted. Please tell us where you saw this written.

UCCE integrators all seem to have their own opinion on this topic.

My current stance is to provide the same number of route points (triggers, DNIS) as CTI ports. As you all know, RPs do not consume DLUs - CTI ports do. So there is no cost associated, and the BAT can create them - you need to associate them with the JTAPI user, naturally.

There is really no reason to try to guess whether you have created enough RPs. In UCCE the translation route wizard will deal with the number of DNIS, so why not?

Regards,

Geoff

This was not written any ware, but we have customer with 1200 IVR ports & we faced TR timeout problem a lot with this customer, so when Cisco Advanced Services involved to solve this problem. 25% was the first step for enhancing the configuration, the problem is you can add CTI RP for each CTI port but can you imagine the time required for 600 (300 CTI RP + 300 CTI ports) to register when IVR engine is restarting or face any problem.

I can send you the Cisco E-Mails regarding this recommendation.

As exactly I said before:

- 25% Triggers (CTI_RPs) of IVR ports (CTI Ports)

- Forward Busy/no answer/ out of reach from the first port to second one & so on till the last trigger leave it open to avoid loops.

Regards,

Ahmed Rizk

Thanks for replying, Ahmed Rizk. I certainly appreciate you providing information that Cisco Advanced Services provided you and your customer.

I question your analysis of start-up. The route point is in CUCM space only, associated with the ICM JTAPI user in order to trigger the translation route request.

Start-up of the IPIVR is surely going to depend on the 300 CTI ports it has to establish, but not the route points.

Regards,

Geoff

I think he was referring to the IVR and CUCM PGs to become active, not the IVR itself Geoff, you need to take into count the JTAPI monitoring request.

Regards,

Riccardo

PS. Haven't tried this in a Lab, but it would make sense if it takes longer for the monitoring to start.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: