Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC Hardware Requirement

Manoj Wadhwa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I want to implement IPSEC VPN on my router and would like to know if there is any IPSEC module required/ compulsary required to implement IPSEC. Attached is my current hardware specification.

From the show crypto output, it seems like IPSEC can be supported by this router. Just would like to double confirm on hardware requirements as well. Appreciate your suggestions in advance. Thanks!

Regards,

Manoj

3 Replies 3

hasnain321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manoj

This Router can support IPSEC VPN. There is no extra requirement of VPN module for few IPSEC connections.

Hi,

Thanks. Can you tell me the processor and memory requirements if i implement IPSEC VPN without any VPN module? I just want to make sure that the router has the capability not only to support, but also has sufficient memory and processor requirements. If there are any document that support this, it will be great. Thanks again. Looking forward to hearding from you. Thanks!

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You do need a minimum of 64/16 DRAM/Flash, and your IOS Software does support your requirment.

Please have a look at the link bellow:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/Dispatch?HMR_DDM=0&HIM_Id=852638&HDDMPlatFamDet=41&HDDMFeatSetDet=8&HPN_Text=&Q1Submit=CONTINUE&act=rlsSelect&task=display

Regards,

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card