Views
Helpful
Replies

speed betweent WIC-1T and WIC2T

edongskiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i got an inquiry as i am upgrading the speed of the leased from 2Mbps to 10Mbps. My question is, does my existing WIC 1T (site 1) and WIC 2T accomodate the single 10Mbps line? I am not familiar with the speed support per card.

thanks in advance

regards,

Eduard

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Eduard,

as far as I know 10 Mbps are not possible on a single synchronous serial line unless HSSI (that is a different hardware)

Verify with your provider if they are going to give you a LAN (ethernet of FE ) termination

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My guess would be your existing 2 Mbps is an E1 connect to your WIC-1T. Don't believe the 1T or 2T WICs will support more than 2 Mbps. To obtain 10 Mbps, you'll likely need either subrate E3 line and new interface to support it or an Ethernet handoff. Another option would be to use 5 E1s.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Eduard,

as far as I know 10 Mbps are not possible on a single synchronous serial line unless HSSI (that is a different hardware)

Verify with your provider if they are going to give you a LAN (ethernet of FE ) termination

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My guess would be your existing 2 Mbps is an E1 connect to your WIC-1T. Don't believe the 1T or 2T WICs will support more than 2 Mbps. To obtain 10 Mbps, you'll likely need either subrate E3 line and new interface to support it or an Ethernet handoff. Another option would be to use 5 E1s.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card