cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Proxy ARP for Cisco 3560 ?

badalam_nt
Level 1
Level 1

I used PacketTracer5 to simulate some configurations and observed that 3560 layer3 switch performed Proxy ARP function.

How can I disable Proxy ARP function ?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

In order to disable proxy arp, in interface configuratin command type:

no ip proxy-arp

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Massimiliano, I don't have this command in PacketTracer5. Does it mean I can't disable Proxy-ARP for 3560 in PacketTracer5 ?

Hi

Proxy Arp is disabled under L3 interfaces.

If u 3560 is doing intervlan routing then u need to go under the specific SVI of the vlan and issue the command as specified in the above post.

Thanks

Mahmood

I use 2 vlans, and have an IP on each vlan.

But I can't find the command to enable/disable Proxy ARP even after I issue the "interface vlan x" command.

I draw the conclusion that the ProxyARP is automatically enabled for 3560 in the PacketTracer5 by performing:

#show arp

and then observing that a row contained the IP address of a destination host (initially I sent a ping from one host to this host) associated with the MAC address of the 3560 vlan interfaces.

So the 3560 responded to ARP for discovering the MAC associated to destination host with MAC address of its vlan interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card