cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report on Devices Not Sending

patwill66_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to think up a way of creating a report that would show devices that MARS hasnt received a log from in X days. I ran a report for all devices with the reporting devices ranked by session, and I noticed about 20 of my devices were not on the list. So this just got me thinking, it would be nice to reverse that, and if the device hasnt sent a log in the past day, report on it or send an email. I just cant figure out how to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rajett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Search for event type "Inactive CS-MARS reporting device"

If a device does not send any log data for a period of one hour, this event will fire.

An easy way to do this is to go to Management > Event Management and find Event ID 1000021. It's the 2nd item in the list. Click the "q" link next to the description to do a query on this Event. Adjust the time period as necessary then submit.

RJ

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rajett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Search for event type "Inactive CS-MARS reporting device"

If a device does not send any log data for a period of one hour, this event will fire.

An easy way to do this is to go to Management > Event Management and find Event ID 1000021. It's the 2nd item in the list. Click the "q" link next to the description to do a query on this Event. Adjust the time period as necessary then submit.

RJ