Views
Helpful
Replies

Avoid divert in a IP phone

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a a VoIP network and I have a IP phones with boss and his secretary. The boss has divert his phone to the phone of his secretary and when someone want to talk with this boss, the call is forward to the secretary.

The phones of secretary and the boss are 7965+7916 and 7975 respectively.

The Call Manager is the version 5.1.

My question is: You can skip the divert of the boss and speak directly with him?

Thank you very much.

A greeting.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option would be to create a second DN on the manager's phone. If you want all calls to go through the secretary, but want them to be able to call the manager directly, put the second DN in a partition that is only accessible to the Calling Search Space assigned to the secretary phone/DN.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Miguel,

There is a feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.x, CCM 6.x and CCM 7.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

This only works from the phone that the Call Forward All is directed to, in this case the Secretary. If you need other callers to be able to dial directly then I would suggest adding a second line (non-listed) to this IP Phone specifically as Brandon nicely noted. The Call Forward All will only effect Line 1 so you would be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Good info, Rob!

Brandon

Hi again,

Thanks for yours answer.

The problem is that the boss only want a one line in his phone.

Is it possible jump the divert or "desvio" on the boss's phone and to talk with the boss although he has a divert o "desvio" active in his phone?

Thanks.

A greeting.

It depends on what the boss is trying to achieve- all calls , some calls? The CFA override is only for users callers to the boss so in theory everyone can over ride it and so they are back to square one. Does the boss want to pick up calls only from certain people if so you can use IPMA- I don`t like it but it works. With IPMA you could set up a call filter based upon CLI of the caller to filter calls through to him, all other calls go to the PA. Another option is to use the two staged pick option available - I think it is called Auto pick up and you set it to false - but it is cluster wide where by the call still goes to the PA but it rings on the boss`s phone as a potential pick up and he can see who the original caller is before they decide to pick it up- Create a second DN for the PA an d assign it to them and then have both the Boss DN and the second DN in a single Pick up group this way when the boss "hears" there is a pick up call available they know it is only from diverted call and not a general call to the PA- help it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: