Views
Helpful
Replies

maximun number of E1 ports on 7204VXR NPE-G1

s-durando
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'd like to know what is the maximum number of E1 ports supported on 7204VXR.

For example, if I have two PA-MC-8TE1 installed on my 7204, can I configure and use all the 16 E1 ports at the same time?

Regards

Stefano

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can have 32x E1 on a 7204, or 48 on a 7206. Or even more using channelized E3.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Ok, but I know that with PA-MC-8E1 PRI Port Adapter I have a restriction regarding the maximum number of timeslots allowable per Port Adapter, which is for exmple 128 in a 7200 VXR. Do I have the same restriction with a PA-MC-8TE1 Plus?

Regards

Stefano

The "timeslots" you refer to, is actually number of framers, or channel-groups. So if your E1 is channelized or not, you can have a maximum of 128 interfaces per slot, that is 512 per 7204.

Do you mean that if I have a PA-MC-8TE1 Plus or a PA-MC-8E1 I can use only 4PRI with 31 timeslots (4 * 31 = 124)? If I connect a 5th PRI I can activate only 5 timeslots on it?

Regards

Stefano

Hello Stefano,

the meaning is that you can create up to N channel-groups regardless of the number of timeslots used in each.

In your example you are just using 5 channel-groups so you are fine.

There is a limit on the number of groups of timeslots (channel-groups) you can create not on the total number of timeslots used

Hope to help

Giuseppe

No. The limitations exists for PA-MC-8E1, in data PRI mode only. PA-MC-8TE1+ has a limit of 256 framers, hence no issues in using it fully channelized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card