I have found a mis-confuguration for about 100 phone settings and need to correct it. I need to download the phone settings from callmanager, edit some fields and upload it again. Is this possible without any interruption? how?
More specifically, the calling search space for call forwarding for about 100 phones is allowing for international calls and I need to limit it to long distance calls. So I need to EDIT the calling search space field in:
directory number configuration page --> Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings --> calling search space. Doing this manually for 100 phones is very time consuming and must be a better way of doing it through bulk edit.
I have worked with bulk edit for new installs but am not sure how to extract the current callmanager DN configurations in a Excel sheet for editing.
Here are the steps you need to achieve what you want..
1) Go to Bulk Administration> Phones> Export Phones> All details.
2) Download exported file from Upload/Download files menu.
3) Modify the csv file,to add the corresponding values of user for each phone under the header "Owner User ID".
4) Upload the modified file with "Insert Phones-All details" option.
5) Bulk Administration> Phones> Insert Phones, select the option Insert Phones-All details,and select the "override existing configuration" checkbox, and submit the job.