Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Edit

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 6.1(1)

I have found a mis-confuguration for about 100 phone settings and need to correct it. I need to download the phone settings from callmanager, edit some fields and upload it again. Is this possible without any interruption? how?

More specifically, the calling search space for call forwarding for about 100 phones is allowing for international calls and I need to limit it to long distance calls. So I need to EDIT the calling search space field in:

directory number configuration page --> Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings --> calling search space. Doing this manually for 100 phones is very time consuming and must be a better way of doing it through bulk edit.

I have worked with bulk edit for new installs but am not sure how to extract the current callmanager DN configurations in a Excel sheet for editing.

Thanks,

rdianat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Here are the steps you need to achieve what you want..

1) Go to Bulk Administration> Phones> Export Phones> All details.

2) Download exported file from Upload/Download files menu.

3) Modify the csv file,to add the corresponding values of user for each phone under the header "Owner User ID".

4) Upload the modified file with "Insert Phones-All details" option.

5) Bulk Administration> Phones> Insert Phones, select the option Insert Phones-All details,and select the "override existing configuration" checkbox, and submit the job.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

bulk export all details is the easiest way

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I don't see any export details option. In export list I see the attached items (see attached file). What check box should I choose to export. I don't see any phone or directory info for exporting.

Is there a way I can export all the user and phone information to an excel or csv file?

Thanks,

rdianat

Bulk Admin -> Phones -> Export Phones -> All Details

For users go to users menu and export users.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I could export all phone details. I did some modifications to some fields and I want to update phones with these changes, but when I go:

Bulk Admin--> phone -->update phone--> I have two options query and custom, I choose custom and I can not choose the file which I modified and uploaded back.

I tried re-uploading with different targets without any luck.

Here is my final goal:

I want to be able to export any Phone information field I want and then edit, upload and apply it to update phones. I have no problem in first part which is exporting whatever field and modifying and uploading it, but when I want to update phones I see that the uploaded file is not there.

Any tips or links which helps with Bulk Edit tricks?

Thanks,

rdianat

Hi,

Here are the steps you need to achieve what you want..

1) Go to Bulk Administration> Phones> Export Phones> All details.

2) Download exported file from Upload/Download files menu.

3) Modify the csv file,to add the corresponding values of user for each phone under the header "Owner User ID".

4) Upload the modified file with "Insert Phones-All details" option.

5) Bulk Administration> Phones> Insert Phones, select the option Insert Phones-All details,and select the "override existing configuration" checkbox, and submit the job.

Please rate all useful posts

It works. Your clear, step by step instructions deserve a 5+.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: