Helpful
Replies

Problems with X.25 and rbp

rafael.ponzio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 2600.

I'm using rbp for outgoing X.25 connections.

I use a application in cluster, only 1 connection each time.

The problem is: Server 1 connected, i take off the network cable from the macchine then the another side send me a packet from the X.25 and the router try to send it to Server 1 but it's off and he continues retrying to send the message for 18 times(7:30 minutes approximately)

and only after this the router disconnect the tcp connection and the x.25 connection.

While this connections are stuck in the router I can't up the Server 2.

I think it's a "tcp timeout parameter". Can I decrease this number of retries of the tcp packet?

-------------

It always disconnect after 18 retries.

Doesn't matter if a try to up the Server 2 before the 18 retries, the other side only accept one connection at the same time.

The configurations and traces are attached.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hola, nice trace.

Try configuring service tcp-keepalives (global), that could help detecting rbp failure.

Thank you for helping me.

I tried using this two parameters

service tcp-keepalives-in

service tcp-keepalives-out

It doesn't work. Does someone have another suggestion?

Which IOS are you using? Perhaps the problem is solved in a later release.

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(13b), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3

)

What is the last version?

What you have is recent enough. Yes there are newer, however is far from being said that these would solve the problem. At some point that is something you may want the TAC to look into.

TAC?

The Cisco technical support - that requires you have bought a support contract.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card