cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP sharing using two separte 16 channel PVDM

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router where I have two separate PVDM's which are 16 G.711 channels each. Can I use both of them together to create 32 channels for PRI card in the same box. Usually I have observed that for each PRI we use separate 32 channels PVDM rather than using two separate 16 channel ones.

I did implement this at one site and I was able to use two separate 16 channels PVDM for a PRI but ended up in issues like NO RING BACK, One Way Audio. This voice gateway was integrated with NEC PABX over QSIG, but when only used one 16 channels PVDM for the PRI card..everything worked great..

Any suggestion for this, probably I am mixing things ..any CCO URL will help as well..You may refer to show diag for the box im talking about

PVDM Slot 0:

16-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

PVDM Slot 1:

16-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

WIC Slot 0:

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to support this fine.

There may have been bugs in earlier IOS versions with this specific case, but I haven't seen anything recently on this.

It really only gets tricky when you have different types of DSPs (NM-HDV with PVDM2-16).

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You should be able to support this fine.

There may have been bugs in earlier IOS versions with this specific case, but I haven't seen anything recently on this.

It really only gets tricky when you have different types of DSPs (NM-HDV with PVDM2-16).

hth,

nick

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

To be on the safe side, you should check the dsp calculator (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/dsp-calc.pl). It'll output config guidelines as well.

thanks,

Will