cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM Stability and Load

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

We have run wisms for two years with different codes(4.0, 4.1 and 4.2). We have both web auth wlan and WPA wlan(majority of users are on web auth wlan). We have found when wisms are running in a higher load(500-1000 users per controller), they will start to have crash issue and web auth issue(web login page not loading). They run very stable when the load is low.

Is this the same case for other deployments as well? I hope someone can share following info with me:

1. Are your wisms stable and what code do you use?

2. How many users total and how many web auth users do you have per controller(NOT per wism blade)

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

CSCsf26567 - memory leaks caused by EAPOL packets

CSCsf27479 - WiSM locks up and does not generate crash file after

reboot.

filter non used vlans on the trunk port going to the controller(switchport trunk allowed vlan) command. This does not fix the

issue, but lowers the frequency.

I have already filtered the non used vlans on the port channel and we still see the crash and web login issues from time to time when we have more than 500 web auth users per WLC. It seems WLCs have lots of issues with webauth. If not using webauth, they are stable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card