Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Call

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Call Manager setup running with DID . I want to have conference facility for users who are making calls from PSTN world where they reach any DID number and join the Adhoc conference.

Is it possile to do ?

regds,

aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MeetingPlace is the product designed for this. You can achieve an extremely basic version of this using MeetMe conferences by using a translation pattern between a DID and a bridge number; however, an internal user must start the meeting first by going off hook, pressing MeetMe, and dialing the bridge number. Until an internal user does this, external users will get a busy signal.

Also, MeetMe provides no security (pass code) so anyone can join the meeting. There is also no join announcement by default. You can enable a join tone in service parameters but no name introduction.

The lack of security is usually a problem for customers. Some people have developed elaborate Unity or CCX IVR front-ends that impose an artificial password on the caller before transferring to the MeetMe bridge number.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You can only do that with meet-me conference.

You need a product dedicated for it like MP or MPE, CCC is end of sale...

Hi,

What I understand is that meet-me conference is possible by deploying Meeting place or MP express?

Can't we do the same by deploying any Conference module if any on PSTN Gateway router?

regds,

aman

MeetingPlace is the product designed for this. You can achieve an extremely basic version of this using MeetMe conferences by using a translation pattern between a DID and a bridge number; however, an internal user must start the meeting first by going off hook, pressing MeetMe, and dialing the bridge number. Until an internal user does this, external users will get a busy signal.

Also, MeetMe provides no security (pass code) so anyone can join the meeting. There is also no join announcement by default. You can enable a join tone in service parameters but no name introduction.

The lack of security is usually a problem for customers. Some people have developed elaborate Unity or CCX IVR front-ends that impose an artificial password on the caller before transferring to the MeetMe bridge number.

Hi schulenberg,

thanks for the reply.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: