cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local management users and Radiusproblem

johannf
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a wlan for guests and would like to only authenticate guestusers against Local Net Users database on the WLC.

My problem is that it is also possible to log on with usercredentials for radiusauthentication.

I have not enabled any AAAservers for the guestwlan.

Any tips how to stop the radiusauthentication for this wlan ?

JF

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also, uncheck the Network User box under the Radius Configuration. This check box allows the WLC to use the AAA server globally for any WLAN. Just need to make sure that under your secure WLAN, you list the AAA server explicitly, which is a best practice.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is how it currently works, but here are two options:

You can either change the Web Radius Authentication to CHAP or MD5-CHAP which is located in the GUI... Controller | General

Or else you can create 3 fake radius servers on the wlc and then specify those three under the guest wlan radius servers.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also, uncheck the Network User box under the Radius Configuration. This check box allows the WLC to use the AAA server globally for any WLAN. Just need to make sure that under your secure WLAN, you list the AAA server explicitly, which is a best practice.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

OK, thanks. This worked fine.

JF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card