Limitation of Devices per TSP instance

Unanswered Question
Jan 21st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi

We're using CUCM 6.1(2). Does anyone know if there is a limitation of devices per TSP instance (3rd Party Call Control)? Or is there just a limitation on devices per user?

Haven't found the info on CCO

Many thanks

Regards

Stefan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tim.giles Wed, 01/21/2009 - 08:23
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

I think you can find the information in the SRND documents but I haven't had a chance to check.

Usually the limitation imposed by Cisco is 2500 devices per TSP and 4000 per server spread over multiple TSP's but I think it can vary per CCM version and hardware platform.

I will have a look and try to find a link for you...

Please rate useful posts...

Jaime Valencia Wed, 01/21/2009 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

always look at SRND

Unified CM Platform Capacity Planning

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html#wp1043871

•A maximum of 800 CTI connections can be utilized per Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) 7825 or 7835, or a maximum of 3200 per cluster if they are equally balanced among the servers.

•A maximum of 2500 CTI connections can be utilized per MCS 7845, or a maximum of 10,000 per cluster if they are equally balanced among the servers.

•A maximum of 800 devices can be controlled by, or associated to, CTI applications (total for all applications) per Cisco MCS 7825 or 7835 server, or a maximum of 3200 associations per cluster if they are equally balanced among the servers. The limit on controlled device associations for a single CTI application is 2000.

•A maximum of 2500 devices can be controlled by, or associated to, CTI applications (total for all applications) per Cisco MCS 7845 server, or a maximum of 10,000 associations per cluster if they are equally balanced among the servers. The limit on controlled device associations for a single CTI application is 2500.

more info on link

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

STEFAN CHRISTEN Wed, 01/21/2009 - 11:54
User Badges:

Hi Jaime

Thanks for the reply. We're actually using MCS7845 servers. But I don't think that a single TAPI Service Provdier (CISCOTSP.exe) is supporting 2500 devices.

To improve scalability you can install mutliple instances of the TSP, but I haven't actually found the values on when to install addtitional instances.

Many thanks anyway

Regards

Stefan

Actions

This Discussion