Helpful
Replies

Operational temperature of outdoor APs

ASF_SVI_ITE
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning!

I wish to ask you some questions about the title above. More specificately:

- which is the maximum temperature of the air that can support the operational temperature indicated? For example, if the APs are sited in a desert or in a zone with high temperature and mmany hours of solar exposition which are the limit conditions of working? I have to deploy a wireless solution on railway enviroment and i will have to install some APs on open air in hard enviromental conditions (in that country the temperature can join the 40-45°C).

Anyway, can you suggest the best way or any "tip" to let the correct working of APs?

Many thank in advance

Best regards

Alberto

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alberto,

Something like the 1300 Series seems like a good fit;

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge

Operational Temperature

-22º to +131ºF (-30º to +55ºC)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

Or a 1242 with NEMA enclosure;

Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series 802.11A/B/G Access Point

Environmental

Rugged Metal Housing

Metal case and rugged features support deployment in factories, warehouses, the outdoors **(NEMA enclosure required), and other industrial environments.

• Non-operating (storage) temperature: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C)

• Operating temperature: -4 to 131°F (-20 to 55°C)

• Operating humidity: 10 to 90 percent (non-condensing)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/product_data_sheet0900aecd8031c844.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello!

Thanks for your answer Rob. But I asked another thing, i've already seen all datasheets. Really I'm finding someone that really esperienced the working of the outdoor AP in those climatic conditions. Anyway the 55 °C what mean? With direct solar esposition? Which is the relative temperature of chassis to substain that temperature?

I hope to be explained

Best regards

Alberto

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card