cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - any chance to convert calling numbers to names?

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a database or something else which we will write phone numbers and names to here. When the callers calls internal cme users if their number is in the database they will see the names instead of their numbers... I heard that it is possible but how can it be done?

thanks

8 Replies 8

This will depend on your PSTN protocol. What type of PSTN connection do you have?

-nick

I have a PRI line which connects me to PSTN network. I see the caller ID's when they call me from outside.

I would talk to your provider about what they support. I think there's a higher likelihood you can do this sort of this with QSIG, but I'm not sure of the type of messaging required to do this.

If your provider confirms that they support it, and let's us know how they facilitate the feature, it will help.

I don't know of a way to configure this directly on the gateway, however.

hth,

nick

I think it shouldnt be with the provider. What I want should be done on the call manager express. What it should do is changing the caller id numbers to names. Doesnt it possible ?

Do you want the name to show up on a user's CME phone or do you want for the PSTN to know the name of the person they are calling?

What I want to do is, the name will show on the CME user's phone.

When the PSTN calls from outside to our CME system if the database knows his number it will display the name instead of number on the cisco phone. Am I clear ?

thanks

If the PSTN does not send this information in the Q931 'Calling Name' field I don't know of another way to build the 'database'. You can check 'debug isdn q931' to see if the PSTN is sending you the calling name.

I know that with Unified Call Connector (UCC) you can have caller ID show up based upon the user's outlook contacts, but that's as close as you can get without building some TCL scripts that I know of.

hth,

nick

In Europe calling name may or may be not available. However, you can use the number2name scripts I've written for the purpose: http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

They fetch from file or http query so you can have a back-end to resolve numbers you wish, eg MS AD, web reverse lookup, etc.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: