Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ROUTER - Nortel Contivity VPN

prasad.gsmc
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have to initiate a IPSec tunnel from Cisco router (which is having ADSL modem internet connection) to nortel contivity. At Router side the IP address will be dynamic. I am getting an error saysing "Notify has no hash - Rejected."

I was updated that we need to try with Initator ID in cisco router.

Can some one help me to configure the same (cisco router IPSec with Initiator ID)

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

The normal initiator ID normally is an IP address or certificate.

Since the router connects to an ADSl line - the IP will be DHCP and could be differnet every time. So you cannot configure the IP address in the Nortel.

The issue is with the Nortel end - it needs to be able to accept "aggresive" connections which = dynamic VPN's when the source is unknown.

HTH>

Thanks for the Update

some queries

1) whether we need to do aggresive mode at Cisco side too?

2) any useful link available for refernce?

I had to configure Cisco PIX to Nortel Contivity tunnels before. This link may be of use to you:

http://www142.nortelnetworks.com/bvdoc/contivity/doc_html/help/messages.htm

To answer:

1) not really - how are you going to connect to the Cisco router if the IP address is likely to change? You only need to confiogure "Aggressive" connections when you do not know the IP address. I presume the Nortel has a static IP - you need to terminate the VPN the VPN from Cisco to Nortel.

2) Sorry - not a Nortel guy!!

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: