AnyConnect and Administration

Unanswered Question

Hi all,

So a couple of weeks ago I installed 64 bit Vista on all of my computers at the house.

I was then asked to do some work from home and when I went to install the VPN client, I realized that 64 bit is not supported.

I configured my ASA for Anyconnect support and was able to get logged in using the Anyconnect client.

The problem I have now is that I cannot get ASDM to work over this client in order to administer my ASA. What are the limitations of the Anyconnect client? I see more and more users going to 64 bit at home. Am I doing something wrong in not being able to use ASDM via Anyconnect?

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Thank you for the replies.

I apologize, but I failed to mention that before upgrading to 64 bit Vista, I was able to administer the ASA via ASDM using the old VPN client.

So Im pretty sure everything is configured to work correctly through a VPN tunnel.

The only change was going from a normal VPN client on a 32 bit OS to the Anyconnect client on a 64 bit machine.

I tried the anyconnect on multiple machines and neither would allow me administration.

Thanks!

JORGE RODRIGUEZ Wed, 01/21/2009 - 09:38
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

So Im pretty sure everything is configured to work correctly through a VPN tunnel.

Can you confirm that ? on asa u want to manage issue bellow.

show run | inc management

output of above should look management-access inside -> for asa5505 or management-access managemment for other asa5500 models

also confirm Adrews statement and ensure annyconnect tunnel group IP network is permitted

show run | inc http

can you ping the asa inside interface while vpn-in through annyconnect? can you atleast telnet to asa through inside interface?

Actions

This Discussion