cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager minimum memory

roseeng69
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please inform me how low the memory can be before I would experience problems with phones disconnecting or other issues?

Thank you,

Rose

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

version?? server??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

sorry I forgot to enter that information. We're running CM 4.1(3) on a (7815SE1) Windows 2000 Server version 5.0.2195 sp4.

Thanks!

usually if CPU or memory are sustained above 80% or show spikes it can cause issues

that's a small server so we can take it a little lower, around 70 for a small server

HTH

java

HTH

java

I have noticed that this server has gone as low as 11.4mb of free memory without any known impact and cpu only reaches 100% for a brief second. However, I have received messages in the event viewer stating,

"The Cisco CallManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I'm trying to pinpoint the actual cause. I would also like to set a monitor on the memory as to how low it can go before alerting for a service impacting issue. Thanks again!

i'd open a TAC case using the high memory/CPU keyword so they can look at drwatson logs. also depends on how many phones and users you have there, that server has the smallest capacity of them all

HTH

java

HTH

java

I tried that but I'll open a new one to see if I can get someone else. Thanks again for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: