cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505, VLan, and Switch ports.

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up some ASA 5505's for some home office folks. I want 4 ports set to allow them to plug whatever in and do whatever. Then the other 4 ports I want to connect to our corp. network via a VPN. I have the VPN side working great. The problem is the 4 ports for the whatever they want to plug in. What I mean by plug whatever in is the following. Let's say they have a cable connection, so they plug the Cable modem into port 0 it gets an IP and the VPN comes up and all is good. Then they decide they want to get a wireless router so the kids can connect to the net and do whatever. They plug that into port 1, but it never connects to the net or get / shares an IP address. Should I set this up with a 3rd VLan (i.e. like a DMZ) or can I do something else. Here is how I have the first 4 ports configured.

interface Vlan2

nameif outside

security-level 0

ip address dhcp setroute

!

interface Ethernet0/0

switchport access vlan 2

!

interface Ethernet0/1

switchport access vlan 2

!

interface Ethernet0/2

switchport access vlan 2

!

interface Ethernet0/3

switchport access vlan 2

I am somewhat new to this so please be easy on the newbie. I am not even sure if what I want to do will work.

Thanks for any information.

1 Reply 1

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

Closed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: