LMS 3.1 Installation Error

Answered Question
Jan 21st, 2009

hi all,

I got problem installing my new lms 3.1 in solaris 10. When I tried to select the options wether its typical or custom install, I always get this error. Attach here is the error i get upon installation. Hope you can help me with my problem. Thanks in advanced!

mhon

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 10 months ago

Assuming the DVD is locally mounted, it looks like you either have a bad DVD, or bad drive. If you have copied the contents, or this is a network-mounted DVD, then you should try installing LMS from local media.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 01/21/2009 - 09:11

Assuming the DVD is locally mounted, it looks like you either have a bad DVD, or bad drive. If you have copied the contents, or this is a network-mounted DVD, then you should try installing LMS from local media.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 01/21/2009 - 09:11

Mhon Baul Wed, 01/21/2009 - 09:35

The DVD is locally mounted. Is it possible that i have a bad hard drive or dvd? How did you know that based from the logs? thanks!

Joe Clarke Thu, 01/22/2009 - 00:03

You're missing critical files. On read-only media, if expected files are missing, that typically points to bad media, or a bad drive.

Actions

This Discussion