EG: LAN A 192.168.1.1 , LAN B 172.16.1.1

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

On the 2950 switch configure two VLANs. Assign a port to one of the VLANs for the 192.168.1 network and assign another port to the other VLAN for the 172.16.1 network. Then configure a third port on the switch as a trunk port and connect it to the router. Configure the FastEthernet interface on the router for trunking. Configure one subinterface to process the VLAN for the 192.168.1 network and configure another subinterface to process the VLAN for the 172.16.1 network.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

You can do the following on the 2620:

interface fa 0.B = please note B is just a place holder for whatever number you want to put in:

encap dot1q B

ip address 172.16.1.1

interface fa 0.A

encap dot1q A

ip address 192.168.1.1

Connect the 2950 to fa0, and configure trunking on the interface on 2950 that connects to 2620. Assign the appropriate vlans to the host ports.

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure if this is what you are asking but:

ip address x.x.x.x secondary

?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

On the 2950 switch configure two VLANs. Assign a port to one of the VLANs for the 192.168.1 network and assign another port to the other VLAN for the 172.16.1 network. Then configure a third port on the switch as a trunk port and connect it to the router. Configure the FastEthernet interface on the router for trunking. Configure one subinterface to process the VLAN for the 192.168.1 network and configure another subinterface to process the VLAN for the 172.16.1 network.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick

As checked, my 2620 Version 12.1(5)T8 , how to set VLANs,

I can't use "encapsulation dot1q" command.

-.-

Andy

I suspect that it is an issue with the feature set of the code that you are running. I checked the feature navigator on CCO and it shows that dot1q VLAN encapsulation is supported for 2620 in 12.1(5)T8 with the PLUS feature set but is not supported with the IP feature set.

It looks like that with the code that you are running you will not be able to implement this. Is it feasible to consider an upgrade to the code?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

How can i do in next step,how to upgrade?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy

To change from one feature set to another feature set requires purchase of a license for the code upgrade. If you purchase the feature set license then you should be able to get a copy of the code that does support this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card