cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

open call

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

If you make a call between two phones and keep the line open with no speech/conversation ocurring between the phones, will the call eventually disconnect.

If the answer is yes (which I'm assuming it will be), can the duration of how long the call stays connected be configured on UCM version 6.1?

This may sound like a weird question, there is a reason for it. It will help me find a solution for Turret trader IP phones.

Thanks

Gurmakh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, it will. the default value (ALL CALLS AFFECTED IF CHANGED) is 720 minutes, 12 hours

CUCM service parameter

Maximum Call Duration Timer

no way to apply this to only some calls

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, it will. the default value (ALL CALLS AFFECTED IF CHANGED) is 720 minutes, 12 hours

CUCM service parameter

Maximum Call Duration Timer

no way to apply this to only some calls

HTH

java

HTH

java

If you have these connected to FXS ports, you can use the 'connection trunk command'.

Basically do this:

Fancy Trader phone--FXS--GW---H323/SIP---GW--FXS--Phone

This call can stay up for as long as the gateway is up. If your trader phones are analog this is my best guess.

hth,

nick

Thanks for your response.

FYI the trader lines provided over nailed up channels over ISDN CAS trunk. Turrets communicate with UCM via SIP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: