Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 with ACS SE 4.2.0.124

Hi I have intrigated the ciscoworks 2.6 with ACS as per the documentation. Configured System Identity user other admin users properly in both CWS and ACS.

I have 7 Ciscoworks servers in my setup for different sites.

1) After switching to ACS mode few devices those were in DCR are not reflecting under all devices in common services -> device management.

2) In DFM all the devices that are in DCR not showing. but when I am going to Device selector option it shows " all devices in DCR are in DFM

3) In RME also simmillar kind of problkems

But If I am switching to Local authentication mode all devices are intact and properly showing in all module.

Please help me in this regards.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the Devices not in ACS report under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports. For any device listed there, you must add this device as a client of the same ACS server to which LMS is integrated. You should also double-check your group settings for the System Identity User and your current user in ACS. Make sure that all of the applications have access to the appropriate NDGs in ACS.

Hi joe, Thanks for your reply. I most tell you that few of my devices are not added as client to the ACS with which ciscowork is intigrated. But still 90% of those are reflecting in DFM, DCR and RME. Only few devices are not reflecting.

Also pls tell me how to check all of the applications have access to the appropriate NDG in ACS? Are you talking about cisco works admin users group should have all rights on the NDG where the devices are residing?

You need to walk through the group settings page for the groups to which your System Identity User and your current user belong. For each of the LMS applications, make sure the user has the appropriate permissions. For the SIU, the group should have Super Admin access to each application for EVERY device in ACS (i.e. do not use NDGs for the SIU). For the current logged in user, make sure the group has appropriate permissions, and that all of the necessary NDGs have been added (if you're using NDGs).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco