cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Authenticate users with AP1220 thru Radius Server

nagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a windows RADIUS server to integrate with AD and have configured an AP1220 (v12.3(8)JEB) to authenticate a user logon thru EAP. It appears that I have the configuration correct on the AP and I can see the laptop showing as "association processing" thru the web interface of the AP. The laptop itself, tho, appears unable to authenticate and the wireless card reports "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you onto the network". What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2 Replies 2

jwadleigh
Level 1
Level 1

Did you intend to do certificate authentication along with username and password?

If not, and the association is pending a certificate authentication, then you have the wrong EAP type selected.

We got it working with self generated certificate (IAS) but have found that there is going to be several places that the user will need to modify configuration in order to make this work. We have just sent in for a store bought (thawte) certificate and are hoping that once this is installed the user interface will be much friendlier (accept certificate - log ion box appears - authenticate and boom your in). Can you confirm that this would be the case with a legit cert? Thanks in advance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card