cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Caller ID on Non-Primary Shared Lines

becca1jane
Level 1
Level 1

Is this possible? My users want to receive caller id on their primary line, but don't want others who have shared appearances of their line to know who is calling them. I have privacy and privacy on hold enabled, which helps, but only once the call has been answered. Users want to know when others are on the phone, answer each others calls, and place a call on hold at one phone and retrieve at another. Is BLF, call pickup, AND call park my only other option? If caller ID can be turned off on a line-by-line basis per phone (or overwritten with text) this would solve my issue.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to look at two features for this:

1) BLF Call Pickup. This was introduced in UCM 6.1(2) and allows a BLF button to also perform a call pickup when the line is in the alerting state by just pressing the BLF button. UCM also adds an alerting state to BLF buttons.

2) Call Park. Either you are on the same line or you're not. If the users don't want to be on a shared line, they will need to park the call.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 7.0(1): http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wp1094928

Thanks! I'll run the call park option by them and give it a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: