Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calls Fail

timkaye
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

I'm running CME on a 2851.

My issue is with inbound calls not failing totally, but then requiring the extension to be dialed. This only happens for calls where the calling number is unknown.

So all calls inbound work if the inbound calling number is known. Calls route nicely.

If the calling number is unknown the caller gets a tone, whereby they need to then dial the extension.

Ideally I'd like to have unknown calling numbers simply route the call the same way as with a known calling number.

FYI when i debug q931 caller id (if off) is shown as Calling Party Number i = 0x00A3, N/A

Appreciate any help as this is causing some problems!!!

Configuration attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Timothy,

Just add this command to your dial peer 1:

incoming-called number .

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Timothy,

When the calls come in, a dial-peer match is made, and in this case, where the calling number is known, the dial-peer whose destination-pattern command matches the calling number is selected, and the call is routed.

For calls where the calling number is not available, there is no dial-peer matched, so the default dial-peer (dial-peer 0) is used, and two stage dialing is then required.

To resolve, a quick solution would be to create a new dial-peer that has the incoming called-number command (which matches on the called number), so that this dial-peer will always be used for all incoming calls regardless of whether the calling number is available or not.

Use the direct-inward-dial command as well in this dial-peer to force one stage dialing.

!

dial-peer voice 90 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15.

!

See also

* http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic3

* http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a00800e00d0.shtml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Timothy,

Just add this command to your dial peer 1:

incoming-called number .

hth,

nick

Hi Nick.

Thanks for the reply. This worked.

Thanks to everyone else also. I guess perhaps the logical order of the dial-peers is important also?

i added a whole new dial-peer but it still didn't work. So simply adding incoming called-number . on my first dial-peer worked.

Appreciate all the great help!!

farmancnemcse1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Couple of suggestions , firstly add a dial-peer as posted by timothy , pots dial-peer with direct-inward-dial and incoming called-number . commands and its important to have this dial-peer seperate coz if we mix with other commands like destination-pattern you will not have the granular control you may have and its also easier for troubleshooting.

Farman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: