FWSM running config in RME archive is not complete

Answered Question
Jan 22nd, 2009

I have a few FWSM contexts (Version 3.2(7)) which always appear in the Startup and Running Out-Of-Sync report.

The obvious reason is, that the "show running-config" command on the FWSM hides "asdm" commands, while "show startup" does include them.

IMHO, hiding commands from "show runn" is an insane idea in the first place. But I don't think I have a chance to get this fixed.

RME should cope with this problem, anyway.

The obviuos workaround would be to use "show running-config all" to archive the uncrippled running config.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 4 weeks ago

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 01/22/2009 - 07:13

You could also add the asdm commands to the list of excluded commands under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt. This should get your report working for the time being.

g.meerkoetter Thu, 01/22/2009 - 07:20

Yes, thanks. I know that it would make the symptom disappear. But I'd rather see my config

archived completely.

Are you going to have that problem fixed?

Joe Clarke Thu, 01/22/2009 - 07:25

I'm unable to completely evaluate such a fix, as I don't have any FWSMs. I suggest you open a TAC Service request so a bug can be filed.

g.meerkoetter Wed, 01/28/2009 - 04:12

My SE has completely missed the point. :-(

I'm trying to get a more seasoned engineer...

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 01/28/2009 - 08:43

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

g.meerkoetter Fri, 01/30/2009 - 01:56

Fixing the FWSM is a better solution than I dared to expect. Many thanks to Ramses who got that bug filed.

Actions

This Discussion